Level 3 First Aid at Work
First Aid at Work Course
The Level 3 First Aid at Work (statutory) course complies with the current Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. Successful students receive certificates to show that they are qualified to be First Aiders in the workplace for the next three years. This course includes Defibrillator (AED) training.
Who should attend?
A person who has been designated as a first aider at work. All employers in the UK have a legal obligation to make First Aid provision for their employees.
What will they learn?
The knowledge and confidence to deal with any First Aid emergency
- understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to: –
- the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor
- burns and scalds, small splinters).
- administer first aid to a casualty with:–
- injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- chest injuries;
- burns and scalds;
- eye injuries;
- sudden poisoning;
- anaphylactic shock;
- recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke,epilepsy, asthma, diabetes).
Maximum course size 12
Multiple-choice question paper and practical skills test
A Level 3 award in First Aid at Work certificate valid for three years. Renewal is by attending a two day Re-qualification course before the expiry date of the original certificate. Please note certificates can no longer be post dated to the date of the initial certificate. All qualifications are validated through an awarding body approved by OfQal.
Attendance on a three day First Aid At Work course will be necessary if validity has lapsed.
The HSE strongly recommend qualified FAW personnel attend annual half day refresher courses prior to them completing the required re-qualification course.
Price – Please give us a call on 0151 207 0081 for our latest prices and for group discount information.
Next First Aid at Work Course in Liverpool…
- July 10 @ 08:00 - July 12 @ 17:00