Health & Safety Executive Statistics 2011/12
- 1.1 million working people were suffering from a work-related illness - down from 2010/11 and continues the downward trend observed over the past decade.
- 173 workers killed at work - data now indicate a levelling off in the previous downward trend.
- 111 000 injuries to employees were reported under RIDDOR - a fall of 5% in the latest year and continues the downward trend.
- An estimated 212 000 reportable injuries leading to over 3 day absence occurred (Labour Force Survey) indicating RIDDOR reporting levels around 50%.
- 27 million working days were lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury.
- Workplace injuries and ill health (excluding cancer) cost society an estimated £13.4 billion (in 2010/11) - down from the 2009/10 estimate as numbers of injuries and ill health cases reduce
* Source: Health and Safety Executive
LifeSaver Training is an approved HSE course provider.